Behind those Grey eyes !

It was one of the coldest nights of this season and I was with my friend yawar to meet one of our friend’s mom. We stopped on a signal, where there was not much traffic maybe due to cold weather. Like every other signal in Karachi, kids gather on the cars to clean windscreen and earn some coins or maybe 10 rupees if they are lucky.

A girl aging around 6 to 7 years, wearing worn out shalwar kameez, properly covering her head and face with a torn shawl came to our car and started cleaning our car. Out of habit, Yawar and me, both naturally moved our hands towards the windscreen in order to say “Nahi karo” !

Most of the times the kids either start cleaning the windscreen deliberately or they use some harsh response against that decline but the expression on that kid’s face told a different story. Her face showed a little grievance and maybe in heart she said “yet another car missed”. I was noticing her action suddenly I saw her eyes, they were grey in color, shiny and attractive, asking so many questions, telling so many stories, I felt as if I have broken a child’s heart.

She did not utter a single word, shivering in that intolerable weather, with her wet hands moved downwards and her eyes gaze down, she started to move towards another car. I felt as if something was wrong and I called that kid back, we both gave her some rupees which she happily took and her eyes told as if she’s achieved something!!!

Don’t know why I wrote this blog, maybe I just wanted everyone to know that helping the needy gives you inner satisfaction, or maybe that little girl with grey eyes said a lot without uttering a single word.

I suggest everyone to help the needy, especially the aged people, children and “Special people”. I regret to say that child labor, kids kidnapped from various areas and other children working for beggars’ Mafia need to be either helped out or to be supported by our so called NGOs because the government will never do anything except of begging for themselves and their pockets !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Job Hunting in Dubai

A Beginner's Guide to Dubai Expense Planning

Dubai - As I saw it !